Premiere Cinemas…A Look Inside
“I mean, the whole idea of movies was it was special to go to see – you went to a movie theater to see something that was magical and amazing, in a very special location.” -Bob Balaban
Finally after many months and years of waiting, Lubbock has a new “big city” state-of-the-art movie theatre! The plans for the new theatre were announced in early 2011 and it was slated to open by the end of year, but miscellaneous delays pushed back the open date to summer 2012. However, the theatre is finally open and you now have one more option when planning your big movie night. Lubbock’s current theatres, Tineseltown and Movie 16, provide your basic movie needs, but Premiere Cinemas takes your movie-going experience to a whole new level. Let’s take a look at some of the features of Premiere Cinemas:
- 16 screens
- IMAX auditorium- It is one of the largest in the state with a capacity of 420 people.
- D-Box Seating- You can think of this as a 4D movie. The seats are computerized to simulate the same motions as in the movie. There are 24 D-Box seats that you reserve and pay the price for ($17).
- The Scene- A bistro and grill with burgers, chicken, pizza, etc.. that you can take into the theatre. They also offer beer, wine, and margaritas that can also be taken into the theatre. Check out the full menu here.
- Ages 18+ can take an stairs, elevator, and an escalator to the Balcony Bar.
- The concession stand will consist of Bluebell ice cream, Starbucks, self-service area for free drink refills, and your traditional movie favorites.
- Wall murals, paintings, pictures in a Hollywood theme.
- Party Room- Can reserve the room with a $50 deposit, but no rent charge for the room. The theatre can help provide food desserts.
- 80 cameras inside and outside of the theatre for optimal security.
Roman Polanski said it best, “Cinema should make you forget you are sitting in a theater.” The new technology of 3D and D-Box truly immerses you into the movie. Premiere Cinemas is a state-of-the-art facility and is a really a special addition to Lubbock. I had the opportunity to visit the new theatre this past weekend and just want to give you my experience and maybe shed some insight on what makes it better/worse from other theatres. Here are just a few thoughts:
So, my overall impression is a good one! I see Premiere as a great place for a date night, friends night, special occasions etc…It is different than any other movie theatre in Lubbock and provides a great experience.
I want to take this opportunity to introduce you all to Tim Day, a local movie critic. He has a Masters degree in American Media and Popular Culture from Arizona State University, and offers a background of style, substance, and critical thinking. He now teaches film courses online with ASU as well as having some fun reviewing films on his blog. He has always enjoys seeing great movies…and tearing apart the bad ones. He tries to point to some higher quality films that might be hard to find while also working to call out some of the mass mediocrity that plagues the movie industry. Mr. Day had the opportunity to film a tour at the new theatre and is nice enough to share it with us all. Make sure to visit his site at http://www.dayatthemovies.com/ for the video tour and the latest movie reviews!
For Tickets and Showtime click HERE
For Price click HERE