Two of Lubbock’s best websites are now teaming up to bring you a new series! Lubbock in the Loop and Lubbock for Kids will collaborate on a bi-weekly basis to showcase Parents Night Out and Family Night Out ideas. Each article will feature a different theme (ie General, Outdoors, Nights Out Under $30, Free Weekends, Healthy Nights Out, etc). So, if you feel like going out without the kids OR feel like having a family night, then we will have you covered! Feel free to let us know what you think and suggest themes. Enjoy!
Enjoy a Day or Night Out…Without the Kids
Cork & Pork
Friday, April 24th 7pm-11pm | Bayer Ag Museum at 1121 Canyon Lake Drive
$35 for members and $45 for Non-Members
Included: Hog, drinks, and live music from Gary Nix and West Texas. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
C.A.T.S. Playhouse Presents: Faith County: Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere
7:30 p.m. | C.A.T.S. Playhouse
General admission tickets are $14/adult and $12/student and senior. Get tickets here.
Betenbough Homes Spring Event: Delight in DIY
10 a.m. – noon | Betenbough New Home Center
Come spend a morning pampering yourself and home! Enjoy a new dessert recipe, be inspired with beauty and home décor DIY crafts, and learn easy workout tips. Enter to win a massage gift card at the event! This is a FREE event and will benefit Women’s Protective Services. For more information visit http://www.betenbough.com/delight-in-diy/.
17th Annual Blue Ribbon Rally
10 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Downtown Depot District
FREE. Classic car show, motorcycle show, live music, food vendors, merchandise vendors, bounce houses, awards show, grand prize motorcycle give away!! All benefiting Family Guidance and Outreach Center of Lubbock. More info here.
Girlie Night: Pitch Perfect Sing-Along at the Alamo
7 p.m. | Alamo Drafthouse
Prep those vocal chords for the sequel (out in May) by having a great time at this sing-along! Alamo Drafthouse does it big– yes, you will get cups and a Bella scarf as props. Aca-awesome! $12/ticket. Get tickets here.
Coffee Class at the Yellow House
2 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Yellow House Coffee
Learn to make the best possible! $20 (includes a retail bag of coffee)
LITL Suggested Activities
- Italian Garden: Local. Casual. Italian. Great food. BYOB. Great place to bring a bottle of wine and just relax!
- Stay at a Hotel: If you are lucky enough to have somebody who can watch the kids overnight, splurge a little on one of Lubbock’s many hotels. It is so nice to enjoy the pool, hot tub, manager specials, and to sleep in!
- Get Outside: Saturday is looking to be sunny and in the 80s. Join in Disconnect Day and take a walk around Mackenzie Park, go to the Arboretum for the annual plant sale, walk the trails at the Lubbock Lake Landmark, interact with some cool animals at the wildlife rehab center, hit some golf balls and have some beers at The Range, or volunteer to walk dogs at the local rescues. Celebrate Arbor Day!
- Cactus Alley Courtyard: Beautiful area to walk around, shop, indulge in dessert or coffee, and pour your own candles!
- Winery: Lubbock is home to some great wineries. Caprock, Llano, McPherson… all are great places to relax with a little vino.