Let’s take a look at some of the features of Premiere Cinemas:
- The theater is attached to the mall so you can do some shopping and watching!
- ~16 screens
- ~IMAX auditorium– It is one of the largest in the state with a capacity of 420 people.
- ~D-Box Seating- You can think of this as a 4D movie. The seats are computerized to simulate the same motions as in the movie. There are 24 D-Box seats that you reserve and pay the price for ($17). We saw Gravity in the D-box seats and it really made you feel like you were floating in space.
- ~The Scene- A bistro and grill with burgers, chicken, pizza, etc that you can take into the theater. They also offer beer, wine, and margaritas that can also be taken into the theater. Check out the full menu here.
- ~Ages 18+ can take stairs, elevator, or an escalator to the Balcony Bar.
- ~The concession stand has Bluebell ice cream, Starbucks, self-service area for freedrink refills, and your traditional movie favorites.
- ~Wall murals, paintings, pictures in a Hollywood theme.
- ~Party Room- Can reserve the room with a $50 deposit, but no rent charge for the room. The theater can help provide food desserts.
- ~80 cameras inside and outside of the theater for optimal security.
- Plus, they have specials such as watching TTU football games, date nights, special packages and more.
Want movie reviews from a local?
I want to take this opportunity to introduce you all to Tim Day, a local movie critic. He has a Masters degree in American Media and Popular Culture from Arizona State University, and offers a background of style, substance, and critical thinking. He now teaches film courses online with ASU as well as having some fun reviewing films on his blog. He has always enjoys seeing great movies…and tearing apart the bad ones. He tries to point to some higher quality films that might be hard to find while also working to call out some of the mass mediocrity that plagues the movie industry. Mr. Day had the opportunity to film a tour at the new theater and is nice enough to share it with us all. Make sure to visit his site at http://www.dayatthemovies.com/ for the video tour and the latest movie reviews!